This bestseller is an old classic stovetop percolator, and makes fantastic coffee! The Farberware 50124 Classic Percolator is Amazon’s best-selling percolator, and it has hundreds of positive reviews from happy purchasers.
There is not much to beat the sound of a percolator bubbling away, and the smell of rich coffee drifting through your home. This very basic coffee maker has a solid, stainless steel construction, and has been built to last. With a permanent filter basket (meaning that there is no need for filter papers), and polished stainless steel, it is easy to use and easy to clean. Evoking memories of grandma’s old coffee pot, this gleaming percolator brews from four to eight cups for a full, old-fashioned flavor. It has a synthetic handle (you don’t get to burn your hands) designed for safe, comfortable pouring.
Why do people like the Farberware 50124 Classic Percolator
- Solid construction – made of thicker steel than most pots you will find in a camping store, this percolator is built to look stylish in your kitchen but will be able to take a good knock on your boat, bouncing around in the back of your pickup, or on your camping trips. It is easy to clean, and so will even take being placed over a fire.
- Simplicity – no cords, automatic switches, or breakable bits. It is easy to use – simply fill with water, add the coffee, and put on the heat! As with any percolator, you do need to think about how you use the heat – get some tips here so that you don’t burn your coffee.
- Good coffee. You get a good, hot, strong brew, and on top of that, the aroma from the brewing fills your house.
- Capacity – this percolator brews 4-8 cups of coffee or 4 good-sized mugs. This is perfect for home use.
What people don’t like about the Farberware 50124 Classic Percolator
- Plastic top – the percolator comes fitted with a plastic top. Some people have complained of this breaking. It is easy to replace this with a clear, glass top that fits all Farberware products ($5.50 on Amazon). We recommend purchasing this together with your pot. If you want to get a percolator already installed with a glass top, or if you would prefer a larger pot with bigger capacity, you may want to consider the Coleman 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator instead.
Many people have a huge preference for percolated coffee over drip coffee, because of the strength of the brew, and the fact that you get really hot coffee. Once the percolating has finished, you can reheat (you do not need to re-percolate) the coffee during the day, or you can simply place the coffee in a thermos flask. As simple as the process is, you do need to take care to not boil the pot, or you will burn the coffee. Pay careful attention to how you use the heat, and you will get a perfect cup every time.
The Farberware 50124 Classic Percolator is selling on Amazon at a huge discount of 50%. Get it together with the glass top and some filter papers, and you even get free shipping!